Gay Head LighthouseGay Head Lighthouse
BiographyNo Image Available
Perched atop the clay cliffs at the tip of Aquinnah, this 51-foot-tall brick lighthouse was erected in 1856. The Martha’s Vineyard Museum manages the structure, which was recently moved back from the cliffs to prevent it from further threat of erosion. Open weekends May 21-June 15, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.; daily June 16-Oct 13, 10 a.m.-5 p.m. $5 suggested donation.